God is accomplishing His purposes. His plans will not be thwarted. The knowledge of His glory will cover the earth like the water covers the seas (Hab. 2:14). One day, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord of all (Phil. 2:9-11). The question that we each must grapple with is not “Will it happen?” but rather “Will I be a part of it?” He has called us, His chosen people, to participate in His glorious victory! He’s conquering the world! Let’s join with Him in His triumphal procession, spreading the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere (2 Cor. 2:14)!
This past weekend was the annual Navigators Laborer’s Conference in Lawrence, Kansas. This year, Mike Jordahl gave three messages entitled, “The Heart of a Laborer,” “The Vision of a Laborer,” and “The Life of a Laborer.” The following seven points are from his second talk:
- Become an expert builder. Collect and use good tools!
- For we are God’s fellow workers. You are God’s field, God’s building. According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. – (1Cr 3:9-11 ESV)
- Be a worker who handles God’s Word well. Make this a large part of your agenda!
- Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. – (2Ti 2:15 ESV)
- Learn to party like Jesus.
- And Levi made him a great feast in his house, and there was a large company of tax collectors and others reclining at table with them. And the Pharisees and their scribes grumbled at his disciples, saying, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?” And Jesus answered them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.” – (Luk 5:29-32 ESV)
- Lose your shame.
- So I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome. For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. – (Rom 1:15-16 ESV)
- Lose your deodorant. Don’t hide your allegiance to Jesus!
- For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things? – (2Cr 2:15-16 ESV)
- Live for Jesus.
- For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised. – (2Cr 5:14-15 ESV)
- Look for God at work.
- But Jesus answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I am working.” – (Jhn 5:17 ESV)